UNLOCK YOUR AWESOMENESS!
1. For an wonderfully practical guide on HOW NOT TO BE A SCAPEGOAT, check out: http://www.mentalhealthblogs.com/making-yourself-a-target-replicating-the-scapegoat-role-in-your-life-how-to-stop-doing-it/
3. JOYCE MEYER MINISTRIES
The flagship ministry of Joyce Meyer, incest and child abuse survivor. Candid broadcasts describe her background and how God has restored her. Operates from an evangelical perspective, but even born-again pagans can find something to gain from this woman’s wisdom. Also available en espanol. To check out a broadcast, see: http://www.joycemeyer.org/
4. THEOPHOSTIC MINISTRY (TPM)
Literally meaning “God’s Light”, Theophostic Ministry was born out of the counseling practice of Dr. Ed Smith. Using traditional cognitive and therapeutic techniques on a group of incest survivors, Dr. Smith became convinced there had to be a better way. The spectacular result is Theophostic Ministry, a specialized (and free!) form of prayer that has since gone viral. Read his free online book “Healing Life’s Hurts” for a comprehensive approach to what TPM is and how it works. http://www.theophostic.com
6. JOB CORPS
For young American people ages 16-24, there is an alternative to remaining in a crazy, dysfunctional home: Job Corps. This fantastic and comprehensive training program offers all-inclusive residential housing, health care and vocational training in everything from Heavy Equipment Operation to Health Occupations. For the college-bound, there’s even a program paying for tuition, books and housing. http://www.jobcorps.gov/Home.aspx
7. CHARACTER MAP
Developed as a powerful screenwriting device, Laurie Huntsler’s Character Map taps into psychological truths that help anyone, writer or not, uncover their life journey. See the Character Map tab under
8. THE ARTIST’S WAY Designed for blocked creatives of every stripe, this magnificent and internationally best-selling course helps individuals find their way back to themselves and their life vision. Highly recommended. http://www.juliacameronlive.com/
11. QUICK PICK-ME-UP Even for those with a different or non-religious affiliation, this gospel classic is a surefire pick-me-up. Created by the multiple Grammy award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, “Thou, O Lord” includes the following lyrics:
Many are they increased that trouble me
Many are they that rise up against me… (but)
Thou, O Lord, are a shield for me;
My glory and the lifter of my head.
12. FIFTY CHEAP WAYS TO LIVE RICHLY.
on this site in the “Members Only” section. TRY some of this stuff! You’ll look, and feel, like a million bucks — for pennies on the dollar.
13. PRISON TO PRAISE. This powerful, super easy-to-read book is an international bestseller with over 17 million copies printed. According to author Lt. Col. Merlin R. Carothers, “This is not a book about a prison with bars, but about a prison of circumstances-and how to be set free!” http://www.amazon.com/Prison-Praise-Merlin-R-Carothers/dp/0943026024